A combination of PinForce City Wide and PinForce Mobile fulfills the requirements of the Rottnest Island Authority to maintain a database of registered boats and manage infringements relating to boating activity on the island.
City Wide is used to enter and maintain registration details to the database and search existing details to check that boats visiting the island have paid admission fees and have not overstayed.
PinForce Mobile is used to issue a wide range of infringements, for example:
- Failing or refusing to pay admission
- Installing a mooring without permission
- Ffailing to provide copy of mooring inspection
- Using apparatus other than beach anchor
- Interfering with fauna or habitat
- Exceeding speed limit
- Being in a protected area without permission
- Securing a vessel to a structure not designed for that use.
City Wide is installed on Panasonic Toughbooks and the highly performing new Motorola ES400 has been selected to run PinForce Mobile. Both devices can be synchronised via 3G in real-time with the main database ensuring it is always up-to-date.