Every site using Sentinel sensors has reported significant improvements in parking compliance. This product has been used successfully by a wide range of Australian Councils, with over 35,000 sensors currently in operation across 13 local government organisations.
How Sentinel Works
Sentinel sensors detect vehicle movements by means of a solid state magnetic compass (electromagnetics), and support interoperability and integration with a range of products. This includes demonstrated ability to interact with:
- Officer handheld infringement devices (via App)
- City parking management platforms
- Metering devices
- Pay by Phone Apps
- Parking Guidance Apps
- Dynamic signage
Sensor collected data is able to be communicated directly to parking officer handhelds and communicated to the City’s systems via our relay system in real-time.
- Subterraneous, discreetly and securely buried underground,
- Sensors are protected from cyber-attack through all communications from the sensors being encrypted with 128-key XTEA encryption. All communications over the IoT ‘cloud’ are secured via VPN to the client’s data server,
- Tested and developed in Australia, all components meet relevant Australian requirements, including ACMA, safety and electromagnetic compatibility standards,
- Designed and manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions.
Seamless & Real-Time
- Sensors are programmed and re-calibrated over the air,
- Seamless integration with PayStay and PinForce enforcement suite,
- Real-time data analytics,
- Precise bay-by-bay event tracking,
- Wireless alterations to parking business rules e.g. hours of operation & time restrictions.
Benefits of Sentinel sensors are:
- Detailed real-time analytics of every parking bay,
- Live real-time guidance to available parking, improving traffic flow and environmental impact,
- Significant officer efficiency improvements that are measurable within weeks of installation,
- Tamper and vandalism proof subterraneous deployment,
- Sensor accuracy ensures judicial certainty,
- Effective assessment of parking policy with comprehensive real-time reporting,
- Eliminates tire chalking,
- Improve work practices and OH&S for officers,
- Allows wireless alterations to parking business rules (hours of operation, time restrictions, etc.).