Make cities more liveable with Sentinel.
DCA are the innovative developers of Sentinel Sensor which is a leading tool that allows real-time parking occupancy data to be used for community way-finding, the analysis of occupancy rates and parking management.
The growing demand for finite parking spaces means municipalities need to more accurately account for and manage parking in a more accessible and equitable manner. By controlling access to parking spaces, Council can create a more liveable and sustainable city.
Sentinel Sensors gather real-time data that helps Council to craft policies and dynamic strategies that address driver behaviour such as:
- Vehicles entering cities when parking facilities are full,
- Vehicles circling streets looking for available parking,
- Added movement that increases traffic congestion,
- Increased kilometres travelled generating further pollutants.
By managing parking demand and supply in a more effective manner, these issues can be reduced or removed entirely.
Sentinel features include
- Provides information on under-utilised parking areas that can be shared with the public,
- Sensors are programmed and re-calibrated over the air,
- Subterraneous, discreetly and securely buried underground,
- Dual powered solar and battery relays fit discreetly onto council sign posts, charge with ambient sunlight and communicate wirelessly with sensors. This then relays real-time parking status to our integrated analytics platform,
- Configurable reports allow for a variety of daily management and long term uses including analysing traffic flow, usage planning and community requirements,
- Real-time heat mapping of overstays with full integration to our Mobile Enforcement guides officers to overstays,
- Australian manufactured and designed for local conditions.
Sentinel benefits for Council include
- Detailed reporting on parking occupancy to help inform policy and infrastructure planning,
- Live real-time guidance to available parking, improving traffic flow and environmental impact,
- Effective assessment of parking policy based on real parking behavior data,
- Precise and consistent recording of events such as vehicle arrivals and departures as auditable traces, providing the empirical evidence required to uphold infringements in court,
- Effective planning of officer patrols based on comprehensive, real-world data,
- Addresses occupational health and safety issues,
- Increased officer productivity and elimination of tyre chalking,
- Allows wireless alterations to parking business rules (hours of operation, time restrictions).