Training & Development
A Culture of Training & Development
At DCA, we encourage and support our team members to continuously grow and develop their technical and general business skills.
We have a dedicated HR function that monitors and supports individual development programs so that everyone can reach their full potential. Our training and development resources are wide and varied and are customised to suit the needs of the individual.
DCA team members will participate in some or all of the following activities during their employment at DCA:
- On-the-job training – specific to the technologies used and the products and services we have developed and provide to our clients.
- Relevant training courses – individuals are encouraged to nominate courses that they would like to attend to enhance their technical and general business skills – they are able to recommend courses they wish to attend, or HR will source the courses for them.
- Group training – DCA has built in-house courses for groups of team members. This recently included on-site SQL Server Primer training for some of our Developers, Behavioural Recruitment Skills for Managers and Performance Management Skills for Managers.
- Attending conferences – DCA encourages team members to network and keep abreast of the latest developments within an individual’s work discipline by attending relevant conferences and public forums.
- Tertiary Study Support – DCA has a tertiary study support policy which is based on job relevance and the employee successfully passing their subjects.
- Mentoring – DCA has used Mentors to assist technical team members moving into management positions in order to broaden their general skills in areas such as shareholder returns, business development, project management and team leadership.
- E-learning – DCA has used e-learning as a development option for staff. The benefits of this are that team members can work their training around their own schedules and also have access to 24-7 online book services providing the very latest information for technical and general business management development.
- Team-based activities – DCA has conducted a number of team-based activities which improves staff knowledge, sharing and sense of team belonging. These have included trips to the Yarra Valley, boat trips, dinners and lunches.
- Buddy system – DCA has a buddy system to assist new DCA team members to settle into the organisation in a quick and friendly manner. This helps build a sense of security with our new staff and enables them to feel part of the company and able to contribute in a more confident way in the early part of their career at DCA.
- Guest Speaker Lunches – we have Guest Speaker Lunches every couple of months for all DCA team members. Guest speakers are invited to talk on a range of non-technical topics including motivation, managing stress, improved fitness, managing your financial affairs, salary packaging options and benefits, setting goals, time management and improving your communications skills.